Hopefully, if you’re reading this blog, you’re far from a social media skeptic. Or you’re a reformed skeptic. But still, maybe you know a skeptic or two and just haven’t quite figured out how to frame your argument. Or, perhaps you just want some cool fodder for your next dinner party.
Regardless, here are six social media stats to blow just about anyone away. And to silence any skeptics.
1. More than 25% of the world is on social media
1.8 billion people are on social media. Today’s world population is about 7.2 billion. You do the math.
2. 53% of Millennials would rather give up their sense of smell than their technology.
Voluntarily abandoning 20% of your senses is nothing to balk at. But when you hear an entire generation equate their phones to their limbs, it’s really not that big of a surprise.
3. It would take you at least 31 days of just reading to read all of the Facebook posts shared in the last minute.
Facebook users share 684,478 pieces of content every minute. That’s a lot of reading. And a lot of sharing. And a whole lot of socializing.
4. 46% of web users will look towards social media when making a purchase.
If you’re selling something and not on social media, you’re missing out 46% of the time. Or something like that
5. Enough people will use Instagram today to fill every major football stadium in America almost 7 times.
6. You’d have to live for 684,477 years to see every video that’s watched globally on YouTube this month.
More than 6 billion hours of video are watched on YouTube every month.
What about social media amazes you? Tell us in the comments below the infographic!