Ever wonder what the point of it all is? Stop wondering. Social media ROI is not a myth. We can prove it.
1. 92% of brands see results through social media
According to Social Media Examiner’s REPORT, increased exposure and traffic are the top two benefits brands see from social media, with 92% reporting that social media has helped their business gain exposure. And…
2. 50% of brands source increased sales and revenue to social media
The same study showed that marketers who’ve been using social media for at least 3 years are seeing revenue come in from social channels.
3. Consumers expect brands to be active on 3-4 social channels
Research by Hubspot has shown that consumers expect brands to have an active, updated presence on at least 3-4 social channels. Before you even get into the nitty gritty – remember your audience is judging your credibility based on what you’re doing – or not doing – in these spaces.
4. 73% of consumers are likely to buy from a brand that responds to them on social media
The same Hubspot study proves that brands who take the time and care to respond to questions and comments by consumers on social media will reap the benefits.
5. 82% of consumers want to read content from brands, as long as it provides value
Advertisements are annoying, but content is welcome. If you spend all your time on social media advertising your products and services, you’ll be ignored. But if you create and share content that is valuable to your target audience (actionable advice, insights, tips and educational opportunities), then they welcome your voice among their feed!
6. 78% of people say a companies’ social media posts influence their purchasing decisions
7. 79% of B2B marketers say social media is THE most effective channel
115 senior business marketers don’t lie. Want revenue? Go social.
8. 79% of B2B marketers who use Twitter generate twice as many leads as those who do not
Twitter is your friend. Your scratch its back, it’ll scratch yours.
Social media isn’t magic – you still have to do the work (build relationships, engage, sell, close…), but you have a much larger pool to play with! If you focus your social media energy on lead generation, social media will reward you.
10. Social media drives nearly 5% of all leads for small-to-medium sized businesses
Small, but mighty! And just remember, that’s only the leads they can track. The old adage says it takes 7 times for someone to see your brand’s message before they take action. If social media was one of the first 6 touch points, you may never truly know how much it drove sales.
How do you talk to your clients, customers and colleagues about social media ROI? Tell us in the comments below!